Smarter Through Drawing (Leo 11am or Bluffton 2pm) 6th-12th $125
This class is a 2 semester course and semesters can be taken independent of each other. Each semester is worth 1 Indiana high school credit
Recommended Grades 6th-12th
Instructor Sarah Chordas email@example.com or 260-433-2645 Instructor’s other classes can be viewed at https://www.lifehs.net/store/c81/Sarah_Chordas.html
Duration 50 minutes 2 - 12 week semesters on Thursdays / pay by the semester
- Semester 1 Sept 3, 2021 – Dec 2, 2021
- Semester 2 Jan 13, 2022 – Mar 31, 2022
Time & Location Options
- 11am Thursdays North Leo Mennonite Church 15419 State Road 1, Leo, IN 46765
- 2pm Fridays St. Joseph Catholic Church, 1300 N. Main St. Bluffton IN
• 11x14 Strathmore 400 series drawing pad
• 11x14 Canson XL Mix Media Pad
**(9 x 12 are acceptable sizes as well)
• Pencil Set - a full set is nice to have but is not required. Students need at least an HB, 2B, and 4B pencil. I recommend the Staedtler Mars Lumograph Drawing Pencils (set of 6). This set is found at Michael's.
• Regular Eraser
• Fine point black Sharpie
• Regular point Black Sharpie
Let’s learn to draw! Drawing is a very rewarding activity but it can be very daunting. By working through certain activities, we can learn to see the world through an artists’ eye. Learning to see is essential to becoming a great artist and accomplishing your artistic goals!
Join me as we work through lessons adapted from Drawing from the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards. The major themes throughout the semester are as follows:
1) Seeing and drawing edges (contour drawing)
2) Seeing and drawing spaces (negative spaces)
3) Seeing and drawing relationships (perspective and proportion)
4) Seeing and drawing lights and shadows (shading)
5) Seeing and drawing the whole (called the gestalt)
We will focus on concepts 1-3 for the first semester and 4-5 for the second semester.
*If you have a student with special needs, please contact the teacher directly to discuss how to best accommodate your child.
**All Life Adventures activities & classes require an annual family registration. Once you’ve registered your family, to enroll in a class, pay the $10 enrollment fee and in the notes tell us the name and age/grade of the child you are enrolling. 2nd semester sign-ups will need to re-enroll their child through this process. The teacher will contact you within one week of enrollment to give class details and be available for questions.