Elementary History Modern World : Renaissance to 20th century (Leo only 9am) 1st-4th $125
Recommended Grades 1st-4th
Duration 2 - 12 week semesters / pay by the semester
Dates 50 minutes 2 - 12 week semesters on Thursdays / pay by the semester
- Semester 1 Sept 9, 2021 – Dec 2, 2021
- Semester 2 Jan 13, 2022 – Mar 31, 2022
Time & Location 9am Thursdays North Leo Mennonite Church 15419 State Road 1, Leo, IN 46765
Instructor Grace Johnston firstname.lastname@example.org Instructor’s other classes can be viewed at https://www.lifehs.net/store/c55/Grace_Johnston.html
- The Story of the World: History for the Classical Child, Volume 3: Early Modern by Susan Wise Bauer (any version should work) ISBN 978-0971412996
- The Story of the World: History for the Classical Child, Volume 4: The Modern Age: From Victoria's Empire to the End of the USSR by Susan Wise Bauer (any version should work) ISBN 978-0972860338
Alternate Textbook for Catholic families
- The Story Of Civilization Volume 3: The Making Of The Modern World Textbook by Phillip Campbell ISBN: 9781505109825
- If you would like the Activity Guide for your personal use, you are welcome to purchase it. However, one of the purpose of this class is for the students to do crafts and activities, based on the concepts in the readings. Therefore, the Activity Guide is not needed for this class.
- If you would like the Test and Answer Key for this text, you are welcome to purchase it. Since the elementary classes are not graded, this is not part of this class, but if you would like to add it into your homeschool, you’re welcome to do so. It may be that you’d like to keep several grades of children working out of the same text. Purchasing the Test and Answer Key may extend this text to a jr. high aged student.
Crafts, activities, discussion, games, worksheets & play are typical classroom activities in our history class. Elementary classes are not graded, but fun and interactive learning.
Now more than ever, other countries and customs affect our everyday lives―and our children need to learn about the people who live all around the world. This course does not cover American History. We’ll hit that next year. We’ll discuss American intervention in world affairs as it comes on the world stage only.
We’ll sweep across the landscape of the globe meeting people groups and events that have a direct effect on us today. And we’ll do it in an engaging age-appropriate manner.
*If you have a student with special needs, please contact the teacher directly to discuss how to best accommodate your child.
**All Life Adventures activities & classes require an annual family registration. Once you’ve registered your family, to enroll in a class, pay the $10 enrollment fee and in the notes tell us the name and age/grade of the child you are enrolling. 2nd semester sign-ups will need to re-enroll their child through this process. The teacher will contact you within one week of enrollment to give class details and be available for questions.