Intro to Guitar: Notes and Basic Chords (Leo only 1pm) 5th-12th $125
Recommended Grades 5th-12th
Duration 50 minutes 1 - 12 week semesters on Thursdays / pay by the semester
- Semester 1 Sept 9, 2021 – Dec 2, 2021
- Semester 2
Location North Leo Mennonite Church 15419 State Road 1, Leo, IN 46765
Instructor Mary Hilger (260) 804-1448
- Guitar – new or used, please email instructor for recommendations if needed
- Guitar pick - preferably medium weight
- Hal Leonard Guitar Method Book I, Second Edition ISBN 9780793533923 - used all year
- Christmas Classics - Really Easy Guitar ISBN 978-1540054159 - please bring to class by October 1
- American Folk Songs for Easy Guitar by Hal Leonard ISBN 978-0793569526 (for 2nd semester) - please bring to class by February 1
- Guitar Theory Workbook by Burgess Speed ISBN 978-1495062810 (for high school credit only) used all year
- Tuner preferably Snark Clip on
- Folder with prongs and pockets
Recommended practice hours outside of class
5th-8th grade - 10 minutes/day or about an 1 h/week
High school - 20-35 minutes/day or about 2.5 h/week - 4 h/week
Intro to guitar this class is perfect for middle school and high school students with no previous experience. Students will learn to pluck melodies using the first four strings and strum basic chords. A willingness to sing along is a bonus.
*If you have a student with special needs, please contact the teacher directly to discuss how to best accommodate your child.
**All Life Adventures activities & classes require an annual family registration. Once you’ve registered your family, to enroll in a class, pay the $10 enrollment fee and in the notes tell us the name and age/grade of the child you are enrolling. 2nd semester sign-ups will need to re-enroll their child through this process. The teacher will contact you within one week of enrollment to give class details and be available for questions.