Game Theory & Play 7th-12th (Waynedale only 9-9:40am) $125
Recommended Grades 7th - 12th grade
Dates 40 minute class for 2 - 12 week semesters on Wednesdays / pay by the semester
- Semester 1 Aug 11, 2021 – Nov 17, 2021 (Wks off are 8/4, 9/1, 10/6, 11/3)
- Semester 2 Jan 12, 2022 – Apr 13, 2022 (Wks off are 1/5, 2/2, 3/2, 4/20)
Location Waynedale Baptist Church 633 Lower Huntington Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46819
Instructors Parents volunteer in the co-op to teach a variety of classes and get a substantially reduced price for their children in the classes. If you are teaching then you only need to pay the registration fee. If you are not teaching, you will need to either pay pay in full ($125/class) or pay the enrollment fee and then the first day of class pay the remainder of $100/class made out to Life Adventures.
Required Materials As the summer progresses, we'll let everyone know what materials are required for each of the classes.
Come play traditional card and board games or some new ones you haven’t played, yet. In addition, we’ll discuss a little bit of game theory and strategy as part of the class. If you’ll do some research and report to the class each week, you can even earn high school credit for it.
Waynedale Class Schedule
Session #1 9-9:40am
- Preschool PreK-K (9-9:40am)
- Play with me Science 1st-3rd (9-9:40am)
- Gym 4th-6th (9-9:40am)
- Game Theory & Play 7th-12th (9-9:40am)
- Spanish Immersion 7th-12th (9-9:40am)
Session #2 9:45-10:25am
- Project & Process Art PreK-K (9:45-10:25am)
- Gym 1st-3rd (9:45-10:25am)
- Art 4th-6th (9:45-10:25am)
- Career Exploration 7th-12th (9:45-10:25am)
Session #3 10:30-11:10am
- Gym PreK-K (10:30-11:10am)
- Big Art for Little Hands 1st-3rd (10:30-11:10am)
- Spanish Immersion 4th-6th (10:30-11:10am)
- American Sign Language 4th-12th (10:30-11:10am)
- Freakonomics 7th-12th (10:30-11:10am)
Session #4 11:15-11:55am
- Play with me Science PreK-K (11:15-11:55am)
- History with Mr. Peabody & Sherman’s WaBac Machine 1st-6th (11:15-11:55am)
- Gym 7th-12th (11:15-11:55am)
- Health 7th-12th (11:15-11:55am)
*If you have a student with special needs, please contact the teacher directly to discuss how to best accommodate your child.
**All Life Adventures activities & classes require an annual family registration. Once you’ve registered your family, to enroll in a class, pay the $25 enrollment fee and in the notes tell us the name and age/grade of the child you are enrolling. 2nd semester sign-ups will need to re-enroll their child through this process. The teacher will contact you during the summer to give class details and be available for questions.