Spanish 101 1st - 5th & 3rd-8th (Bluffton only) $85
BLUFFTON LOCATION ONLY
Duration: 50 min for 12 weeks / semester
Dates: 2nd Semester: January 8-March 26, 2021
Time: 3rd - 8th 11:00 - 11:50am
-or - 1st - 5th 1:00 - 1:50pm
Required Materials: Instructor will provide all materials.
Instructor: Sarah Landell email@example.com
This course is designed for beginning students with little or no previous knowledge or exposure to Spanish. Students will be introduced to the sound system and grammatical structure of the Spanish language. The focus will be on developing skills in the areas of listening, speaking, basic reading, and writing. By the end of the session, the student will have a basic understanding of grammar, including word formation,and expressions. Students will also acquire a knowledge of the geography, culture, and people of the regions where Spanish is spoken and of Spanish-speakers' contributions to North American and world cultures. Active participation in class, limited homework (Practice with speaking), and memorization are essential to succeed in this course. I will adjust course work appropriately to ages and skill sets.
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Recognize, understand, and pronounce Spanish characters.
- Learn about the Spanish culture, including its history and traditions.
- Learn Spanish sentence writing.
- Acquire conversation skills.
- Learn about school topics.
- Learn about sports, music, games, and other activities.
- Learn about Spanish food and cooking.
- Practice proper Spanish etiquette by using appropriate expressions for greetings, departures, and questions.
- Tell time and be able to recite the days of the week and the months of the year.
- Describe a variety of other topics, such as preference, pets, weather, clothes, etc.
TO REGISTER FOR THIS CLASS, YOU MUST PAY THE $25 NON-REFUNDABLE REGISTRATION FEE. The remainder of the fee is due the first day of class.
Add to Cart & Check Out. Please put the student's name in the "Notes" at checkout.
Your new teacher will be contacting you in a week's time. Please contact her if you have any other questions.